Update & Lush face mask review

Hello there!

Sadly I've not had much time to blog that much as life has been a little hectic and busy for the last year (hence the date of the last post) but I'm hoping to transform this blog into a variety of outlets, for product reviews, political views and discussions, gig reviews, environment news and animal rights news.  The first post is a lighthearted and relaxed one, reviewing a Lush product I've bought recently in the skin care department!

Now, I have not always been blessed with the best skin, which is a bit of a nightmare sometimes, I have combination, spot-prone and sensitive skin.  As you can imagine, skincare can be a minefield at times. 

I am a big lover of Lush products.  100% vegetarian (a lot of their stuff is Vegan too) and fits in with my ethical stance as a veggie..win!

I went on a trip to Hereford with my mum recently and we decided to stop off in Lush.  I've tried a few of their fresh face masks but I noticed a rather pretty pink mask called 'Rosey Cheeks' last weekend.  Each mask generally dictates what issues and skin types it tackles, this one was aimed at reducing rosiness and calming skin.  So we treated ourselves to a Lush pampering evening with face masks.  Yum.

The review:  This mask was amazing!  Firstly, it smells divine, a subtle but beautiful rose scent and lovely powdery pink colour.  After washing my face, I covered it in the mask which is very smooth and feels lovely just out of the fridge.  Left it on for about fifteen minutes.  It does dry quite quickly (ergo you feel a bit like a mummy).  Washing it off was a dream, it feels really soothing as there are no abrasive or exfoliating bits in it, which in this case was lovely. 

Even though its intention is to reduce rosiness (not sure if this would target users with Rosacea or just people whose skin has a penchant for going red in colder months?), I found this mask to be a soothing, calming delight after a long week and my skin can get a bit red when it's cold, I did notice it is less sensitive than usual but I haven't suffered with redness this year, so can't say whether this has had an effect.  It left my skin feeling mostly soft (slightly dry in places but as I have combination skin, this wasn't really an issue) and clean and I'm not sure if it's improved my skin's complexion but it is so soothing that it's eased my sensitive skin and left it feeling pretty darn good.

Downsides?  Can't really see any.  I suppose it is ever so slightly drying but that seems to work fine with my combination skin.  I do put a night cream on the areas of my face that are dry, so that would possibly work if you are prone to dryness from skin products.  These fresh masks do need storing in the fridge and have short shelf lives, but they're perfect to split with a mate and at around £6.00 a tub, they're good value for money as you get quite a few out of the pot.  I've been using this every three days since last weekend.

Verdict: Pretty lovely, soothing and calming for tired skin.  Let me know your thoughts on the face mask and your comments!  I didn't need the benefit of its rosiness calming but hopefully it will calm such redness in other users, however, I'd recommend it on the soothing basis described above, a good old all rounder!
N




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gig review: Levellers 'Beautiful Nights'.

Mockingjay Part One: Film Review.